Tommy MacKay acts as an expert witness in both civil and criminal cases in a number of specialist areas. A small amount of Legal Aid work is undertaken.
PLEASE NOTE: Tommy MacKay is always at full capacity for a considerable time ahead and has very limited availability
He has an established reputation in his field and has given many national keynote addresses on such subjects as:
- Contact and residence: An overview of psychological research and practice
- Instructing a child psychologist
- Criminal and Forensic Issues in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Contact Disputes: A Child Psychology Perspective
He has also contributed to the evidence base used in the courts on psychology and legal issues through his published work and through guest editing of special journal issues on subjects including Fostering, Adoption and Looked After Children and Child Abuse and Protection. His publication on false allegations of child abuse in contested family law cases is widely cited nationally and internationally. His reports on analysis of Joint Investigative Interviews have also been used as a teaching aid by the Scottish Children’s Reporter’s Office and other bodies.
- Autism spectrum disorders – all aspects and all ages
- Insurance claims – personal injury, road traffic accidents, trauma
- Neuropsychological malingering
- Child and adolescent psychology – all main areas, including developmental disorders
- Educational psychology – all main areas
- Learning disability – all ages
- Family law – contact and residence; Hague Convention; international relocation; parental alienation